One of the programs initiated by ICOMOS Sri Lanka is to hold a series of one-day workshops to share the experience of current trends in approaches and practices on heritage conservation and management. The overall aim of the workshop series is to equip young professionals to update their knowledge and to discuss how best the new approaches and practices could be adopted for current professional practices.
The Workshops held so far are:
- ‘People-centered Approaches to Conservation and Management of Heritage’ held on 3rd August 2018
- ‘Criteria for Assessing World Heritage Values’ held on 20th June 2017
- ‘Conservation of Wall Paintings’ held on 23rd January 2017
- ‘Legal Instruments Applicable to Manage Sri Lanka’s Cultural Heritage’ was held on 7th July 2016
- ‘Understanding Heritage Significance of Cultural Sites’ held on 12th August 2015