The General Body of ICOMOS Sri Lanka is the supreme entity and is composed of all the categories of members mentioned in the Constitution. General Body will elect the Council of Management (referred to as the Council) at its Annual General Meeting. The General Body elects the Council of the ICOMOS Sri Lanka.
The General Body meets at least once a year at the Annual General Meeting and exercises the following duties.
- Provide general directions and policies to ICOMOS Sri Lanka in furthering its objectives
- Elect the Council
- Adopt the annual report and accounts
- Decide on annual fee (on the recommendation of the Council)
- Elect Honorary Members (on the recommendation of the Council)
- Give awards
- Authorizes Council to enter into contracts with other parties by a decision of the Council addressing the matter.